[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Aug 4 15:06:19 CDT 2008

On Aug 4, 2008, at 13:16 , Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> So when your Mac gets corrupted or you change drives, you can put it
>> back on the assembly line?  :)
>
> Since you gave APple the image, yo have a copy -

How did I give them an image if I don't have the tools to do it myself?

It sounded to me like this was a service Apple did for you if you had
sufficient money to prod them into it.

Also, what exactly is this service?  I don't see it on their site and
their sales droids have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'm curious about exactly how much it costs.  If it isn't horribly
expensive, maybe user groups could do it.

> if not, you can simply copy a live HD before deploying the last
> system, the over-writing the imae if it gets corrupted.

If you want to do mirroring, sure.

But if you want media to install to a target system without any
others, building your own DVD would be great.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com