[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Aug 2 15:20:27 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> I've heard you can even install Office and Visual Studio from that
>> procedure if you use DVD media, but there's the chance that the
>> installation will take "too long" and the fixed-duration timer in the
>> Windows installation program will kill that portion of setup.
>
> At $WORK we simply build an image manually, then use GHOST to deploy it
> around the various machines...

Meh, Ghost is okay.  The problem I have with Ghost is that the image
quickly gets out-of-date, and then you're left with the prospect of either
ghosting to a virgin system, updating, and re-making the image.  Or, you
can just run a slew of updates after imaging a box, which defeats the
purpose of the operation.

The beauty of nLite is that you just provide updated patch packages, and
respin the ISO.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi