[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:12:12 CDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2008, at 14:46 , Mark wrote:
>> Microsoft won't so it for you unless you have a volume license,
>
> Actually, they provide the tools for making your own Windows
> releases, and have for many years.  That's how all of my WinXP
> installs are done.

But as you said, this is not something the everyday user is going to
do.  I know *techs* that aren't even aware of these tools (admittedly
they are independent types, not enterprise, types, but still).

It is possible to order a media kit from Apple; this is how the CD
distro of Tiger was done, and it can also be used to by media specific
to your machine.  The fact that your Genius said "No" doesn't mean
it's not possible, it just means the Genius you talked to may not know
any better.

Call Apple support and ask.  If enough people do this, there might be
a resolution.  It's been shown multiple times that Apple responds to
numbers.

=Nadine=