[geeks] Wal-Mart

kevin marshall kevin at pipeline.com
Thu Nov 29 22:55:43 CST 2007

As for Walmart's pricing.  I'd estimate that a huge amount of their
merchandise comes from China and with heavy pressure from the US for
China to do a few things to curb "market distortion", you may well see
all items at Walmart go up in price.

China has just recently agreed to put an end to significant tax breaks
given to it's own manufactures in or to equalize things a bit.  If this
ACTUALLY happens, you will certainly see some prices increase.

If China ever accurately revalued their currency, everything at Walmart
would instantly go up $10 or so (just an estimate, but it would be a
significant number).

/KRM