[geeks] Compare and contrast:

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Thu Nov 29 14:27:59 CST 2007

On 29/11/2007, at 21:46, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Sprint-Nextel [about 14-15 months ago]:
> "No signal even though our coverage map says there should be full

> AT&T-Cingular [about 15 minutes ago]:
> "No signal?  Oh dear, sorry to hear that.  Well, if we can't get you

I was a T-Mobile customer from the time VoiceStream started up until
we moved to Israel in Aug, 2005.  I was always happy with them, and
reception in the Baltimore-Washington corridor was fantastic.  I
purchased a new phone from them about 5 months before we moved out of
the country, and that started me on a new 1-year contract, after being
contract-free for a long time.

When we moved, I called to cancel our service, and was told that since
I was leaving their service area, there would be no early termination
fee.  All I had to do was fax proof that we were living someplace they
don't offer service.  The Israel immigration visas in our passports
would suffice, so I did.

About 5 months later I received a call on our home phone (our old
Baltimore number, which rings here in Israel) from a collections
agency, demanding the $900 I owed T-Mobile.  As far as I know, that's
now a black mark on my credit history, but I'm not paying.  They can
come here to collect it.

--sambo