[geeks] Opinions on T-Mobile and Verizon

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Nov 29 13:36:17 CST 2007

Francois Dion wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 9:58 AM, Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, in my case,
>> my employer is very easy going about personal use of the cell phone that
>> they pay for, so i have no need for a personal cell phone.
>>

> Are there employers that requires you to carry their phone and wont
> allow personal calls? That would be silly to have to carry 2 phones.
> I'd be switching job before the day was over if I was expected to take
> work calls and couldn't use it for personal calls. They cant have it
> both ways.

I'm not required to carry the phone off-hours, some of my coworkers turn
their phone off at 5.  The way i see it, there is a trade-off.  Since
they allow personal calls, i carry it off-hours and always have it on.
If they did not allow personal calls, there would be no reason for me to
have it on outside of working hours, and no reason for me to have it on
me unless i'm working.  So if something goes crazy at an off-hour,
someone can get a hold of me.  Since i get paid for off-hours time that
i work, and since it is very rare for me to receive such a call (or
email, since the phone does that too) off-hours, I feel that it's a good
deal for me.

    -Dan Sikorski