[geeks] Opinions on T-Mobile and Verizon

Eric Railine erailine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:14:20 CST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 11:46 AM, Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there employers that requires you to carry their phone and wont
> allow personal calls? That would be silly to have to carry 2 phones.
> I'd be switching job before the day was over if I was expected to take
> work calls and couldn't use it for personal calls. They cant have it
> both ways.

There certainly are.  In my experience most don't mind so long as you
don't exceed your plan's minutes (& thus cost the company money for
your personal calls).  Having handled corporate telecom bills I
totally understand why there would be a prohibition on personal calls
on a business phone.  I've seen many users consistently rack up large
cell phone bills where many/most of the calls can't be shown to be
business related, or take the phone with them on vacation and use it
for hundreds if not thousands of minutes, or suddenly decided that
texting is teh shit and make & receive hundreds of msgs (on a plan
with no built-in texting included) over a couple weeks, etc.

As always, everything is prone to abuse and corruption, and if they
don't pay for it themselves most people don't care what something
costs. And it's usually exacerbated if it's "the company" paying for
it.

My 2 cents.

-Eric