[geeks] Opinions on T-Mobile and Verizon

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:00:03 CST 2007

Michael Parson wrote:

> T-Mobile Support has always been very helpful, even with helping me get
> my unsupported T680 working on their network.  The SIM card I'd had
> since the VS days would not work in it and they recommended I go in to a
> store-front to get a new card.  The guy in the store swapped it out and
> activated it, no money changed hands (nor any fees attached to my next
> bill).  They did all this knowing full well that I was using it in an
> unsupported phone.  The guy in the store even played with the phone for
> a little bit and wanted to know where I'd gotten it, he liked it better
> than the units that were offered by T-Mobile.  The biggest thing I like
> about them is that they don't treat their customers like crooks and they
> don't try and nickle-and-dime you for every little feature you ask for,
> like I've heard of people complaining about other companies' offerings.

I completely agree with this assessment.  Not all the store people are
knowledgeable, but they are helpful and will call up support if they
can't figure stuff out with you face-to-face.

I also have a grandfathered plan which is has a huge number of
minutes--more than what we need now--but I've never been hassled by
customer service to try to get me to switch to something more lucrative
for T-Mo.  I've used three non-T-mobile unlocked GSM phones on my plan
with zero issues.

We've never had any sort of billing issue with T-Mobile, either, nor did
  any of our customers when we were running the store.  I can't say that
for the customers that were using other carriers.

=Nadine=