[geeks] Firefox memory analysis

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 19:01:04 CST 2007

Here's a blog entry that came to me from another list.  Seems FFx
developers are taking the memory problem seriously after all:

http://ajaxian.com/archives/mozilla-hunting-for-memory

Most importantly, in the short term, you might want to try this tool
mentioned in the comments:

"I have FF loaded with add-ons, multiple tabs open, and have no problem
with it eating up memory. One of the add-ons is CacheStatus which I have
set to dump RAM at 20MB."

I'm not using FFx enough at this point to give a serious test of that
extension as I'm spending 90% of my time in Camino, with the rest about
evenly split between Safari, FFx (PC & Mac) and IE for testing.

=Nadine=