[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

Thu Nov 22 18:15:48 CST 2007

>> As a programmer, huge amounts of my work has gone unpaid.  That's
>> pretty normal for a lot of people in programming and administration
>> work.
> It shouldn't be.  Why do programmers allow that to happen?

Well, speaking purely personally, because I enjoy it so much.  Most,
actually, of the code writing I do is unpaid (in the usual sense of the
word, that is; one could certainly argue I'm getting paid in
self-satisfaction, enjoyment of the experience, whatever).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca