[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Nov 22 11:28:26 CST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007, at 12:13 AM, wa2egp at att.net wrote:

>> If you're employed as a non-contract employee in the IT/Software
>> Develpment world and only work one extra hour a day, you're miles
>> ahead of most.
>
> If I only had an hour of work to do when I get home every day, I
> would consider myself lucky.  :)  My day is more than just 8:00-
> 3:10.  I once figrued out how much time I actually put into my
> job and it turned out to be equivalent to a 9-5 job with a one
> week vacation in the summer.

Then you work more than most teachers I've ever met.

Most of them barely work the time school is in session, and you can
forget them doing anything after hours or during school closings
that's useful.

I guess it does suck if you are one of the ones that really tries, but
the education system is bad for a lot of reasons, top to bottom.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com