[geeks] What's wrong with this picture?

Ido Dubrawsky ido at dubrawsky.org
Wed Nov 21 12:34:36 CST 2007

So I renewed the Symantec software for the synagogue I go to and paid by
credit card.  In the Symantec invoice I get there is the following
statement:

"Note: There may be a slight discrepancy between the amount shown on
your credit card statement and the amount shown in the total box due to
internal rounding calculations."

You have got to wonder what they're thinking when they put this kind of
stuff into the invoice.  You'd think that a company like Symantec would
have systems accurate enough to avoid "internal rounding calculations."
Or perhaps their accounting systems all run on the original Pentium CPUs
that had problems with their floating point calculations :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ido

Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP
Network Security Architect
dubrawsky.org

---
Virus Database (VPS): 071121-0, 11/21/2007
Tested on: 11/21/2007 1:34:37 PM

believed to be clean.