[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 20 16:27:12 CST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007, at 5:07 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I don't see that - the union is charging non-members an extremely
> high fee for their "no merit pay, everyone makes the same" contract
> negotiations...

But how can the union charge a free citizen a fee like that, unless
the government supports it?

If I apply for a government job, what gives a union the right to
charge me union fees?

It's constitutionally illegal for any government in the USA to do
anything like that, and I don't see how it could possibly happen
otherwise.

Then again, most labor laws and related seem to be illegal in the
first place.

Certainly EOE and laws like that are unconstitutional.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com