[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 19 16:07:18 CST 2007

>From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/11/19 Mon AM 11:19:30 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] OLPCs for sale...

>On Nov 19, 2007, at 8:24 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> call it a "union" because of the negative connotation! Of course,
>> she was told
>> that if she choose not to participate in the "association" she would
>> still
>> have to pay the bulk of the "association dues" to compensate the
>> "association"
>> for all their hard work on her behalf...
>
>If anything at all should be made illegal, this is one of them.
>
>I think this represents illegal government/union ties.

I don't see that - the union is charging non-members an extremely high fee for their "no merit pay, everyone makes the same" contract negotiations...

Locally, my school district is going to be working on a settlement for their new contract for (I think) the rest of the year, *ensuring* all parents realize our teachers are putting their paycheck before the students, since they are now dropping all "unpaid" activities at their unions behest to "drive the point home". I don't think they'll get the results they expect...

Lionel