[geeks] Leopard 10.5.1 Update now available

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sun Nov 18 02:51:43 CST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 01:16, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> It would be nice too, if we could have modern laptops with current
> power saving technology, but relatively low power CPU and other bus
> goodies, so we could have a simple apps laptop that would run all day
> on a charge.

Oh hell yes. My dream laptop is:
  - small - 10-12" diagonally
  - power efficient; runs many hours on a single battery charge
  - let's me see the screen well outdoors, and STILL have lots of batt
life
  - has a relatively high resolution screen - 1024x768-ish
  - is cheap, dammit.
  - has USB2, 802.11b/g, and VGA interfaces
  - has an EDGE/EVDO option (not that I can afford it)

And it must run this software:
  - ssh, vnc, and rdp clients
  - emacs
  - an IMAP client that doesn't choke on huge folders
  - a "real" graphical web browser. dillo doesn't count.
  - something that can read Word docs and PowerPoint slides

I'm fucked :(

  - Micah