[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Fri Nov 16 18:53:42 CST 2007

> Hey, they were NEA numbers, and I can only assume they applied the same
> standards across the 50 states and D.C. - their numbers can't be used for
> anything other than comparison against similarly generated numbers, and that's
> all I did. Can I compare that average to the "average" auto mechanic salary on
> the AEA website, no, but I think my comparison was fair in it's limited
> scope...

Those are the numbers they use to show the members that the union is really
helping them get paid what they deserve.  Is it an average of every level
in the pay scale?  Weighted by how many are at each level?  Or do they add
an estimated number of years at top pay level?  I think they play with
the numbers to fit the situation.

> >Laptops are NOT going to solve the problem.  It just makes it look like
> >the problem will be solved.
>
> If you look into the Birmingham announcement, the guy hasn't even taken office
> yet and he's spending their money... That's chutzpah (Sorry Geoff, too lazy to
> look up spelling).

Nothing more dangerous than a politician on a "mission".

Bob