[geeks] Project Indiana

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 07:52:39 CDT 2007

It's available to download. I got to it early so I got decent
bandwidth (350KB/s). This is GNOME. Select the nimbus theme to get
back in part the look and feel of JDS (you'll have to move stuff
around too). I value highly screen real-estate, and a top and bottom
bar take too much space. Also, not sure why but I cant resize my menu
bar to less than 27 pixels. I usually run at 20 or 22, whichever is
the lowest setting to resize the java cup by 1 zoom level. 27 is too
big. I also run all my fonts much smaller than 10, this is under
system->preferences->appearance, not preferences->font

Booting from CD on a 1.6GHz centrino laptop took 2 minutes flat to get
the desktop (hit enter at language selection, it will auto login too).

Anyway, links and details here:

http://solarisdesktop.blogspot.com/2007/11/project-indiana.html

Francois