[geeks] Big-screen PC Laptop suggestions?

Michael Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Fri Jun 29 15:35:41 CDT 2007

Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> It looks like my wife and I are going to move to France for a year.
> Shipping stuff over there, only to ship it back, is an expensive
> proposition, so I'm looking for a portable replacement for her desktop.
> Something small enough to carry on the plane, but it doesn't have to be
> small or light to carry around as a general thing.
>
> In particular, I'm looking for a "laptop" with a big screen, since that's
> the thing she mentions first.  A normal (not widescreen) diagonal
> measurement of 17" or larger.  The only other "gotta have" is a PS/2
> keyboard connection, unless the laptop comes with a Quebecois keyboard.  It
> has to run WinXP, of course.
>
> I'm open to specific suggestions (model numbers, etc.), offers, etc.

HP ( my mother has one ) & Dell ( I use at $work ) those two brands I'm
familiar with and they are good... The only problem I see is that those
2 brands are not that cheap with the 17" screen... also most newer
laptops don't have PS/2 connectors anymore but they do have USB connectors.

Regards,

Michael