[geeks] Windows XP 64bit Licensing?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jun 27 12:35:36 CDT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 nate at portents.com wrote:

>> Linux has no problem with >3GB of RAM.
>
> That depends on what you mean by "no problem"... about a year ago,
> when I surveyed 64-bit distros they tended to opt for 64-bit native
> package builds, which caused quite a hassle when for instance you
> wanted to use a 32-bit browser plugin like Flash but you had a 64-bit
> browser installed.

I have to wonder why thunking isn't as popular as it used to be.  IIRC,
on Windows NT 3.5.1, 16-bit and 32-bit code could call each other with
only minor caveats.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us