[geeks] You forget how quiet the Mac Pro is until...

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:03:48 CDT 2007

> Most BTX machines I've used don't seem need it, especially the MAc
> PRo and the Dell Precision workstations, even the Optiplex 740. ATX
> is just a crap design, but I guess it dates from 1998 when CPUs and
> GFX cards didn't put out much heat.

I had the pleasure of using an HP C8000 when it first came out. The
amount of power and the amount of noise (silent) was quite impressive.
I believe HP's marketing literature at the time advertised how quiet
the machine was.

I'm sensitive to noise, and I have three Dell Precision 530s here, and
they are quiet enough during the day. However, they are across the
room from me when I sleep and I have to turn them off.

-- Aaron