[geeks] You forget how quiet the Mac Pro is until...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jun 21 22:51:32 CDT 2007

Thu, 21 Jun 2007 @ 18:50 -0500, Mike Hebel said:

> > Now I'll wait for someone to talk about firing up a paging drum...
>
> Drum?  Did somebody say drum?

Man, I thought you had a picture/movie of a paging drum.

Still, that's pretty cool.

I've always liked replacing parts of systems with something funky like
that.

It would be interesting to use a telegraph system to do IP level
routing. Just seeing the physical routing of packets would be fun.

It would be fun to create some kind of radio network, slow but reliable
data transfer.  Something that would work almost no matter what.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto