[geeks] You forget how quiet the Mac Pro is until...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Jun 21 18:50:27 CDT 2007

On Jun 21, 2007, at 6:27 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Aaron Finley wrote:
>> On 6/21/07, Mark <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ...you switch on a U60 with a pair of 1.6" IBM 36GB drives in :) It
>>> was good to use the old beasty again tho - it still makes me glow
>>> using Solaris 10 on it. It's  also currently still the most RAM
>>> infested machine on my desk at a mere 1.5GB.
>>
>> Bah. What you need is a Dell PowerEdge 1850 in the same room with you
>> to give you true perspective.
>
> Toys.
>
> Try firing up a Data General MV20000 Eclipse with huge 900MB drives.
>
> Huge == stack of 14 inch platters and about 25 pounds each.
>
> Huge == sounded like a jet engine starting up.
>
> Loved it... :)
>
> Now I'll wait for someone to talk about firing up a paging drum...

Drum?  Did somebody say drum?

http://eagle.auc.ca/~dreid/

;-)
Mike
----
The tragedy endlessly repeated in order to fulfill desires. Lust for
conquest, making people bend to your will, a thrill intense enough to
make you shudder. There's a man who is a slave to that ecstasy. The
leader of the Badlads, a man who shines Brilliant Dynamites Neon. The
sandsteamer will shake at the moment the huge dynamos on each of his
shoulders start to spark. In the pitch black darkness, the grusome
party begins. - Vash