[geeks] synchronizing dhcp and bind

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jun 19 15:48:38 CDT 2007

I frequently add and remove machines from my network, and it would be
nice if I did not have to manually update dhcpd.conf and the DNS entries
every time.

It's annoying every time I want to change IP->name mappings to have to
do it in both bind configuration and dhcpd.

Is there some way to tell dhcpd to use DNS to find the IP addresses,
given a fixed hostname, instead of using a fixed IP address?

Have I missed something obvious?

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto