[geeks] TRS-80's running XENIX

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jun 6 22:50:46 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>> Date: 2007/06/06 Wed PM 04:39:33 CDT
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [geeks] TRS-80's running XENIX
>
>> Geoff Reed wrote:
>>> I have NO idea where Y'all are getting your information, but Xenix on Tandy
>>> computers was limited to:
>>>

>>> TRS-80 models 16, 16b and 6000
>>> and
>>> The 286 or better X86 Tandy boxes
>>>
>>> Xenix for the TRS-80 'business' computers (II, 12, 16 & 6000) required the 68k
>>> Boardset ->processor board and 1 or 2 memory boards.
>> You just repeated what I said, so evidently we are getting our information
>>from the same place... :)
>
> I've given attributions and corrected my errors ;^)

Heh... I just like to have fun with people now and then.

One thing I'm curious about is that you said that Microsoft ported to the
PDP-11 first, and I thought it was the Z8001.

I've seen it both says.  I'm inclined to believe they did the PDP first, but
that's partly based on it probably being the easiest.

I really miss those days except for one thing: I never could afford the really
cool stuff.

Now I can have all I want within reason, and no one cares... ;)

--
shannon           | Work for something because it is good, not just because