[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 5 06:52:05 CDT 2007

Brian Dunbar wrote:
> sammy ominsky wrote:
>> This is the key to El-Al's previously mentioned success.  Their
>> entire process is based on profiling, plain and simple.  They have
>> young men and women who are trained in psychological profiling and
>> who circulate among the crowd of passengers *talking* to people.
>> Based on their observations passengers are shunted to either the high-
>> security or the go-right-through lanes.
>>
>> This would never work in the US.  It's too rational, and does not
>> treat everyone with the same level of suspicion.
>>

> When will El-Al offer service between US cities?  I'm so on board with a
> program like that.

Hey, I'd fly El Al in a heartbeat if it meant I got to deal with Israeli
security instead of the incompetence and bullshit of the TSA.  But
that'd probably mean they'd have to have their own dedicated terminal.

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438