[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jun 1 17:19:17 CDT 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Doug McLaren wrote:

> | Did I mention that flight was Memorial Day morning?
>
> Does it matter?
>
> If it became known that the TSA people won't search people in uniform,
> or won't search senior citizens, or won't search people in
> wheelchairs, then the terrorists would take advantage of this.

When we have to consent to searches without reasonable suspicion of
having committed a crime merely for being permitted the "privilege" of
travel, the terrorists have already won.

How many people died on 11-Sep-2001?  3000?  4000?  The CDC claims that
roughly 1000 Americans die prematurely from cigarettes every -day-.
Maybe we should be searching tobacco companies for terrorists.

Or how about the 75000 people per year that die prematurely due to
alcohol consumption?  Anheiser-Busch is probably crawling with Al
Quaeda.

Or what about all those terrorists in Detroit that kill 43000 Americans
in car crashes?  If 4000 deaths is worth waging war in Afghanistan,
43000 is probably worth nuking all of Michigan.

None of us is guaranteed to wake up tomorrow morning.  None of us was
guaranteed to wake up this morning, and, in fact, a lot of people
didn't.  Terrorism is just another way to check out of here, and it's
not a very likely one.

No.  I refuse to be afraid of terrorists.

I will continue to loudly protest the continuing erosion of my rights as
an American and as a free, sovereign, and independent human being.

And if I see someone threatening harm to the people around me, I will do
my best to kill him.  If he wins, so be it; I'll have done my duty as a
member of the society in which I live, but if several other people make
the same decision as me in that same situation, the bastard won't stand
much of a chance.

THAT is how we get through this.  Not by insulting a man who gave his
health to defend this nation.

Being scared is just nature.  Living in constant fear is a choice, and
choosing to do so is urinating on the graves of everyone who ever
marched under our flag.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."