[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzied.us
Fri Jun 1 17:01:50 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 04:34:38PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

| The worst part of my recent trip to California, in that regard, was the
| trip home.  Just after I'd moved through the "security" line, I saw a
| wheelchair-bound man in his 80s or 90s wearing a 2nd Infantry Division
| WWII badge and an olive drab cover with all sorts of pins attached.
|
| ...being hand-searched from top-to-bottom by TSA.
|
| Did I mention that flight was Memorial Day morning?

Does it matter?

If it became known that the TSA people won't search people in uniform,
or won't search senior citizens, or won't search people in
wheelchairs, then the terrorists would take advantage of this.

I'm not saying I'm not appalled at how things are, but I do understand
that you can't treat people specially just because it's memorial day.

--
Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzied.us                        Fear is not an option.