[geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod - An Illustrated Journey

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Nov 21 08:23:26 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:49:47PM -0500, velociraptor wrote:
> On 11/15/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you find the radio transmitters give good sound?
> >
> > I've seen one locally for about $20 made by MacPlay (I think), and
> > wondered if it was any good.
> >
> > I wish more car stereos would ship with a simple 1/4 stereo input. I
> > don't need a cradle, just the audio input would be fine.
>
> The FM transmitters are OK, but not great. Cassette adapters are
> better from what I understand. A lot of the Dodge/Chrysler rental cars
> I've had lately have had AUX in on the dash w/a 1/8" jack.

FM Transmitters must be really terrible if they are worse than cassette
adapters.

My car stereo offers changer control, and like many stereos with that
feature, someone offers a dongle that gives you Aux In in place of the
changer.  I think I'm going to go for that dongle as soon as I figure
out what I'd play music from.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net