[geeks] Zune DoS attack?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon Nov 20 14:12:28 CST 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:04:46 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:50:17AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix
> wrote:
> > That's one of the neat things about iPod.
>
> I wonder if Apple could be persuaded into releasing hardware hacking
> information for the first generation iPods. Most of them are probably
> dead, and it makes no sense to polute the world with them.

http://www.rockbox.org/

Alternative firmware for many of the iPods. Probably enough hardware
information inside it to be used for other things. There's also
http://ipodlinux.org/

Of course you miss out a lot of features when using Rockbox, but I don't
plan on using video (the screen is too small) and being able to play
OGGs saves me a *lot* of time.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  So I think I'm becoming a geek vampire. Damn. Hate when that happens.