[geeks] Zune DoS attack?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Nov 20 10:04:46 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:50:17AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> That brings up a question: can you replace the firmware in the Zune with
> your own?
>
> That's one of the neat things about iPod.

I don't know, but in my blog a few months back I discussed the posibility
of recycling used iPods into other things.

I wonder if Apple could be persuaded into releasing hardware hacking
information for the first generation iPods. Most of them are probably
dead, and it makes no sense to polute the world with them.

As long as they were not used for enterainment, Apple might be willing.

If you could replace the screen, add a keyboard, they might even make
decent $100 laptops for a lot less money.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838