[geeks] Princeton Surplus Haul...

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 01:46:41 CST 2006

On 17 Nov 2006, at 02:26, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

>> I'd bet around half the NuBus 68k boxes I've got have had NuBus
>> ethernet cards in already.
>
> You must get them from business.

Lord knows, I have no idea where half the stuff came from.

> Here there were few Macs sold and the
> were not networked. Around 1990 the taxes on a computer were about 140
> percent.

Ouch. That makes even Norwegian sales tax on cars seem reasonable
(I'm not in Norway btw).

>> Like I said above I think it's more a case of you being unlucky ;o)
>> That and you are also not exactly in a Mac hotbed where you are now.
>
> No, Macs are rare items even today. But in the early 1990's I was
> in Philly.

Something about that suddenly struck me as very logical...

>>> I had a Franklin. :-)
>>
>> ... and I was just a twinkle in my daddy's eye I'll guess... :o)
>
> Circa 1985.

Oh, so not quite before my time then. I'd have been fooling around
with games on a BBC model B at that time.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>
68kMac.org:
<http://www.68kmac.org>

"Introducing Macintosh Classic II - pick one out on your way past the
trash!"