[geeks] Princeton Surplus Haul...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Nov 16 11:06:45 CST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> In the days of the Mac Plus, I briefly liked the Mac.  On a screen
> that tiny on a machine and OS that only really ran one app at a time
> anyway, the idiotic single-fixed-menubar model wasn't really a
> problem.  On anything with a real screen, it's utterly imbecilic.

How many menubars do you need to use at once?

If I need to use a command for which I haven't committed the keyboard
shortcut to memory, I find it easier and faster just to "throw" the
cursor towards the upper-left of the screen precisely -because- I have
3200x1200 pixels of screen real estate.  On Windows, I have to actually
aim, which takes more[0] time, lest I activate the program behind the
one I'm currently using.

[0] Not much more, but if you figure a few seconds here and a few
     seconds there for each performance of an operation that you do a
     couple hundred times a day, it begins to accumulate significantly.
--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and