[geeks] Princeton Surplus Haul...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Nov 16 23:38:42 CST 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 07:01:06AM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> As a triva point, my oldest son's ex-girfriend's uncle invented the cargo
> container.

Your oldest son's ex-girlfriend's uncle was Malcom McLean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcom_McLean

"In 1956 he developed the metal shipping container, which replaced the
 traditional break bulk method of handling dry goods and revolutionized the
 transport of goods and cargo worldwide."

(I was watching a Modern Marvels episode about container ships a couple of
 nights ago...)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford