[geeks] Princeton Surplus Haul...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Nov 16 13:09:17 CST 2006

Thu, 16 Nov 2006 @ 15:59 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> The biggest problem that I would have with a house full of old Macs, is
> the lack of ethernet support.

Why do you say that?

Every old Mac I ever used had ethernet.

Which ones didn't?

In fact, I have a nubus ethernet card right now that I thought of
selling.  Not sure the brand right now.

Each of my IIci's has them.

I had both my IIci's printing to my Linux machine's CUPS server without
issues.

> The only Mac I sold which I wish I kept was an original LC with an Apple
> IIe card in it.

I know I don't need it... but I'm thinking of picking up an Apple IIe
Platinum with 1MB of RAM and a monitor.

I used to drool over machines like that in the 80s when I could barely
afford to get a disk drive for my old Atari.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The grieving lords take ship.  With these
our very souls pass overseas." -- Exile]