[geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod - An Illustrated Journey

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 16 09:21:24 CST 2006

>From: Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net>
>Date: 2006/11/15 Wed PM 03:24:02 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod - An Illustrated Journey

>On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> The thing I wouldn't mind dropping some cash on is the PhatBox.
>
>I try to avoid dropping money on stuff unless absolutely necessary.
>
>I have an Omifi DMP1 that I really only bought because it was bundled
>with a DMS1.

I bought two, then a third of these - they were $100/each and as you said, they came with WiFi dongles. I have yet to install one in any of my cars, but the first will be when I get around to fixing up my '67 mustang - the original Sony 6 disc changer died, and I've never gotten around to fixing it...

IIRC, the HD in it can be upgraded to a larger 3.5" IDE drive, and can be loaded with music either tethered via USB or over WiFi...

Lionel