[geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod - An Illustrated Journey

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 15:44:31 CST 2006

On 15 Nov 2006, at 20:58, Dan Duncan wrote:

> You can buy FM injectors like this standalone to add inputs to
> stereos.

I thought about that, and my deck unit has been replaced from factory
standard (annoyingly the factory Honda unit had a tape deck!!) so the
aerial will be a standard input. Long term I'll either go down that
route or get one with a jack plug or input RCAs, but for the time
being the Roadtrip does the job ok. It's strong enough to mask over
lot of the weaker FM signals around here.

>> crowded urban areas with lots of radio stations
>
> Another problem bypassed by the above setup.

Yeh and I'd recommend it in London or a large US city.

> My Subaru Forester does the same.  The antenna is in the driver
> side rear
> window.

One benefit of driving a Honda though is the engine is super-quiet
until the VTEC kicks in (which doesn't happen *that* often when I'm
driving) :o)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>
68kMac.org:
<http://www.68kmac.org>

"Introducing Macintosh Classic II - pick one out on your way past the
trash!"