[geeks] Princeton Surplus Haul...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Nov 15 13:10:45 CST 2006

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 @ 12:37 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> Hello all,
>
> Just a quick note on few finds today:
>
>  - NCD Explora 451 thin client, cost $5 (included power supply), tested for boot-up before purchase. I'd seen these types of thin clients before, but without power supply. When I could test this, I decided to "take the plunge". FOund this web page full of good info: http://criggie.dyndns.org/ncd/explora/
>
>  - Mac G4 350 (with Firewire), cost $31 with over 128 Meg of RAM (I assume it is 256, but don't know, haven't powered it up yet), CD, 10 Gig HD in good physical condition.

Just a note: I've seen some new G4 upgrades that are supposed to take a
Quicksilver to 2GHz. They were around $180 for dual CPU units I think.

I don't know how many different models they work on, and of course, it
won't speed up your FSB or other parts.

If I knew for sure it had good effect, I'd get a cheap G4 and do the CPU
upgrade.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]