[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Nov 13 19:23:46 CST 2006

Sun, 12 Nov 2006 @ 20:52 -0500, Sandwich Maker said:

> read about the foundation of rhode island?  roger williams wanted
> more freedom of religion...  the law permitting rhode islanders to be
> shot on sight wasn't taken off the massachusetts books until the '50s,
> though by then it was an invalid anachronism.

Interesting.

I know some people in western NC that still think it applies to anyone
from New York.

> btw ipswich has more 17th c houses than the rest of the us put
> together, a remnant of their brief moment of greatness.

...and also because some towns and villages in Tidewater, VA were
destroyed. The houses there now are reconstructions, though often using
the original materials when possible.

Also fun is the buildings in Hampton that currently have British
cannonballs stuck in the walls.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]