[geeks] Handicapped people looking for work

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Nov 13 19:12:45 CST 2006

Sun, 12 Nov 2006 @ 20:57 -0600, Bill Bradford said:

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:54:33AM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> > Why not come out and say it on your resume?
>
> Because companies don't want to have to deal with the folks who wolud
> turn around and sue them under the ADA.  "you didn't hire me because
> I'm disabled!"
>
> Like age/race, it's not one of the things companies are allowed to *ask*
> here, I think.

There are all kinds of tests given in interview now, which are obviously
designed to weed out certain workers, but without violating the law.

They basically try to determine how old you are, and all kinds of things
they are not allowed to factor, but do so without crossing certain legal
boundaries.

Some of the tests are really bizarre.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]