[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Nov 13 18:04:10 CST 2006

Sat, 11 Nov 2006 @ 19:32 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 12:23:04PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I wonder how they felt about budding ideas of creating a secular
> > government in the colonies?
>
> Did you ever notice that the coat of arms of Yale University has Hebrew
> on it? Yale was founded by a group that wanted to make Hebrew the official
> language of the colonies, because Jesus spoke it.

I thought he spoke aramaic...

In the early 1800s, Congress voted to specify an official language for
the USA.  German came close to winning.

In the end, they never did decide on a standard.

Personally, I think this was a huge mistake.

We should use English, and nothing else.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards, for
thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup." -- unknown]