[geeks] FC/AL: SPARCstorage Array on PC?

Dave Fischer dave at cca.org
Mon Nov 13 16:08:30 CST 2006

gravitt at gmail.com writes:

>On 11/13/06, Dave Fischer <dave at cca.org> wrote:
>> On the up side, they are nice boxes, although a bit slow. They seem
>> to have problems fully recognizing 18g & up drives though, so you're
>> stuck at 9g drives max.

>Wait, didn't someone on this list recently establish that they would,
>in fact, take larger drives?

Not sure...

I tried 18g drives in mine a few months ago, and they showed up
as being around 15g.

The same drives behaved as expected in an RSM tray.

Unless there's a partitioning trick to get around it?

------ David Fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- http://www.cca.org ------
See Jungle! See Jungle! Go Join Your Gang, Yeah! City All Over, Go Ape Crazy!