[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Nov 12 11:49:53 CST 2006

der Mouse wrote:
>> Yale was founded by a group that wanted to make Hebrew the official
>> language of the colonies, because Jesus spoke it.
>
> Did he?  I thought the language of that place and time was Aramaic.

As it happens, Cymru asked the same question, and so I did a little
research.  Turns out that during that period, both Hebrew and Aramaic
are believed to have been in use side-by-side in Israel, Hebrew as the
"mother tongue", Aramaic as an international lingua franca of trade
throughout the Middle East.

--
 Same geek, same site, new location