[geeks] Bad monster. No donut.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Nov 11 09:42:04 CST 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 09:42:27AM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Actually, I *do* have one idea that I think could probably be built
> today.  Whether it could be built light enough to *work*, I'm not sure.
>  I've been thinking about approaching Dean Kamen with it.
> Realistically, the cost of obtaining a patent has largely risen out of
> the reach of the casual individual inventor these days - particularly
> when so many companies will just infringe your patent anyway and bet on
> you not having deep enough pockets to successfully sue them.

In the U.S. you file a provisional patent application. $100, credit
cards accepted. This gives you priority on filing a real patent,
and allows you to claim your product or technology is patent pending.

It won't prevent anyone from stealing your invention, but it will make
them think twice. It also makes it a lot more marketable.

Provisional patent applications are kept confidential.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838