[geeks] Bad monster. No donut.

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 16:08:31 CST 2006

On 11/9/06, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> velociraptor wrote:
> > On 11/9/06, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> >> But of course, I can't *prove* any of them were because I'm disabled.
> >
> > And this was my point--you need to find out how to work around the
> > problem by getting the advice of people who have dealt with the issue
> > from both sides (i.e. hiring and legal compliance).  For instance,
> > after receiving management training a handful of jobs back, I know
> > there are some questions that should not be asked in an interview (by
> > the hiring manager or anyone else).  Those same questions should not
> > be answered by an applicant if they are asked.
>
> I know such questions exist.  Honestly, I have no idea what they are.

People aren't going to volunteer this stuff.  You've got to ask.
Surely you know some managers, people in HR, etc. that are
friends/aquaintances.  Pick their brains.  People love being asked to
share their expertise.  Especially when asked to share with someone
like a computer geek that has a wide variety of knowledge across
fields.

=Nadine=