[geeks] Java as a first language

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 16:12:10 CST 2006

On 11/10/06, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jochen Kunz wrote:
> > For web applications most people use some scripting stuff. Skip Perl. It
> > is a nightmare. Perl code is write once, read never code. PHP is common
> > but seems to have some security problems. There are also python and
> > ruby, but I don't know these.
>
>  From my little experience with Python, I can verify that it is pretty
> slick.  It's designed to be extremely man-readable.

There's also a lot of free resources out there for learning Python.
I'm going there next rather than chasing Perl.  I've had Perl class,
and while I managed to get through the syntax, it didn't "stick".  My
other programming work (I would in no way classify it as
"development") has been in shell scripting.

=Nadine=