[geeks] Java as a first language

kevin marshall kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Nov 10 14:05:39 CST 2006

C seemed like a decent choice for me because i deal with *nix/CLI
stuff more often than not. Plus, as you mentioned, i do compile
lots of OSS stuff and a great deal of it needs tweaking to get it
to compile cleanly. However, i had always heard that C was a bad
language to start with because it would teach bad habits.

Not that it's of any consequence, but doesn't SmallTalk pre-date
C?

/KRM