[geeks] Java as a first language

kevin marshall kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Nov 10 12:20:34 CST 2006

My first "vocal and written" language is English, i am now
however, learning Japanese :)

The student would be myself, age 31. I've been using some type of
computer pretty much on a daily basis since i was in second grade
(1982), but, as embarrassing as it may be, i've never really
picked any development skills short of a few shell scripts. You
never too late to learn, so i figure i'll have a go at it.

I'm not in the least bit concerned about marketing this as a
skill. I would mostly like to develop some small utility apps and
some web application stuff, for my own, or limited use.

Thanks for the input,
/KRM