[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Nov 9 18:32:00 CST 2006

Tue, 07 Nov 2006 @ 23:00 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> I'm a big fan of Supermicro cases, esp. when mated with a Supermicfo
> MB. My current desktop is in a real nice single power supply, 4x SATA
> hot-swap, plenty of fans, etc. It's about $200 last I looked, and IMHO
> worth it...

I used to use supermicro a lot, motherboards too, but got stung bad on a
series of motherboards and got spooked.

I think it was a temporary thing though.

I like some of their server boards and cases a lot, but I find it is
harder to locate Supermicro parts.

In fact, lately Tyan has also been absentee in a lot of places.

It seems lately that the neon-colored shitbox motherboards and cases
have been taking over a lot of inventories.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["It's a damn poor mind that can only think
of one way to spell a word." -- Andrew Jackson]