[geeks] Bad monster. No donut.

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 20:47:21 CST 2006

> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 06:01:06PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Monster says they've fixed the resume uploading feature.
>>
>> Go to upload resume again.  Still doesn't work.
>>
>> Go to update profile.  Can't update.  Why?  It says the email address
>> already previously registered in my profile isn't a valid email address.
>>  They clearly thought it valid the last time I updated my profile, but
>> it's not valid now.

Bleh, I had the same problem. Three email addresses later and I've got a
"working" profile. But in the last six months it's randomly stopped
accepting my password several times.

> I was unemployed for ~6 weeks, had my resume on there.  Maybe one in
> five of the calls from recruiters I received from Monster were for jobs
> in my area, even though my profile says I'm not willing to relocate and
> the top of my resume says I'm only available for jobs in Austin.  I've
> ever gotten zero interviews from Monster.  Yes, I get lots of exposure,
> lots of phone calls, but it's all been a waste of my time.

I've had similar issues with the hits I have gotten. I have a crap load of
Macintosh experience now days and want to stay with that, but have no
interest in programming at all. Yet all I get are help desk type offers for
minimum wage, or programming for languages I've never even heard of. Or
worse of all, a primary Windows support position with "some" Macintosh
support.

Thank god I just landed a nice Server Admin job with an entertainment
company.

Rick Hamell