[geeks] Bad monster. No donut.

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 8 17:32:43 CST 2006

Michael Parson wrote:
> I think I'm gonna give up on Monster anyways.
>
> I was unemployed for ~6 weeks, had my resume on there.  Maybe one in
> five of the calls from recruiters I received from Monster were for jobs
> in my area, even though my profile says I'm not willing to relocate and
> the top of my resume says I'm only available for jobs in Austin.  I've
> ever gotten zero interviews from Monster.  Yes, I get lots of exposure,
> lots of phone calls, but it's all been a waste of my time.
>
> Last week, I accepted a job with a certain 3 lettered International
> Business, which I will start at in a couple of weeks.  I got the
> interview because I knew someone on the inside that wanted to work with
> me again.  I think I've gotten 2 jobs ever where I didn't know someone
> there before I even submitted my resume.

Yeah, I think inside connections account for something like 80% of
successful hires.  Unfortunately, I'm told a lot of the HR world thinks
(for some completely-mysterious-to-me reason) that Monster is, like, Teh
Greatest Resume Site EVAR.

Maybe they just like all the cute animated monsters.

--
 Same geek, same site, new location